Thursday, May 20, 2010

Simple Andouille Casserole

 Simple Cookery Andouille Casserole

I love to try new foods.  The only problem is figuring out how to cook them!  That’s one of the many advantages of the internet.  Have you tried Andouille sausage?  I was pleasantly surprised.  It’s not too spicy and much leaner than I thought it would be.  So, I will definitely be using it in more recipes.

Aidells Cajun Style Andouille came with cooking hints on the package cover.  They even included a couple of recipes.  I think I’ll try the potato soup next.  This time I went back to a tried and true casserole.  Was it Emeril that said we need ‘smellavision’?  Well, the aroma coming from my oven while this was baking was absolutely wonderful!  For this recipe, I used Classico’s Florentine Spinach & Cheese Pasta Sauce.  But, you could substitute your favorite brand or flavor. 

Simple Cookery Sausage Casserole

Simple Andouille Casserole

2 andouille sausage links, sliced

3 cups pasta sauce

1 cup water

2 cups mini bowtie pasta

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine pasta sauce, water, 1/2 cup cheese, garlic and pepper.  Add sausage and pasta.  Mix well.  Pour into medium sized casserole dish.  Cover and bake for 30 minutes.  Remove cover and top with remaining cheddar cheese.  Bake an additional 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned.

No comments: