Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken Tenders and Honey Mustard Sauce

I've never tried to make fried chicken tenders in the oven.  I've made the uncoated kind covered in spices and sauce.  But, I truly doubted a crispy chicken tender could come from the oven.  Then I saw Paula Deen make them on Dr. Oz!  If Paula can do it, so can I.  Of course, it all passed too quickly and I didn't write down the recipe.  So, I did a quick search on the web and found Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders at Betty Crocker.  I used the plain panko bread crumbs and added some Mrs. Dash.  They turned out yummy and crispy.  But, they definitely needed a dipping sauce.  Here's the quick and easy recipe for my Honey Mustard Sauce.

Honey Mustard Sauce

1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce

Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments: