Saturday, May 14, 2011

Simple Stuffed Mushrooms

 

I make a list, check it twice, and vow to go strictly by the list.  But, somehow, these things end up  in my grocery cart and I am left trying to figure out what to do what them.  Sometimes I blame it on great deals.  Sometimes I think the store has someone going around throwing random items into carts to help move merchandise.  I am especially suspicious when they offer to help empty my cart at check-out.  ‘No thanks’ I say.  You see, I have a system of how things go into the cart and how I line them up for check-out.  If someone helps, it ruins my system.  Then chaos erupts.  But, that’s a story for another day. 

I do remember buying a container of PHILADELPHIA Savory Garlic Flavored Cooking Creme.  Unloading it, I remembered this is a no pasta week at home.  I do things like that – sort of like not buying pasta when I’m supposed to make it.  So, this handy new product could wait in my refrigerator for pasta week or I could find another way to use it.  That leads us to stuffed mushrooms.  This was soooo easy!  I only made eight mushrooms and we immediately wanted more.  I’m not including total measurements since you will want to adjust to the number of mushrooms and size you are you are using.  My mushrooms were medium-sized and I only used about 2 tablespoons of the cooking creme for the entire dish.

Simple Stuffed Mushrooms

PHILLY Savory Garlic Flavored Cooking Creme

Fresh Mushrooms

Bacon Bits

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Coarse ground black pepper

Grated cheddar cheese

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.  Drizzle a little olive oil into a shallow baking dish.  Remove stems from mushrooms.  Fill each cap with cooking creme – approx 1 teaspoon each depending on size.  Place in baking dish.  Top with bacon bits.  Sprinkle with cheddar cheese & pepper.  Drizzle each mushroom with a little olive oil.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown on top.

No comments: