Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sliced Baked Potato

 

044
When I first saw this potato, I had to try it. I cannot say that this is a faster way to make a baked potato, but it definitely makes it more interesting. At least I thought so until my brother said they looked like bugs. But, if you have little one in your house, I suppose you could decorate these instead of just adding cheese. I changed this a little from the original recipe - click here to see the original.
.
Sliced Baked Potato
.
4 baking potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb Seasoning Blend
.
Pre-Heat oven to 450 degrees. Wash & scrub potatoes. Slice potatoes, but do not go all the way through - so that the potato looks like an accordion. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 450 degrees for 1 hour or until tender. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and a tiny bit more olive oil. Bake another 10 minutes or until herbs begin to brown. Serve plain or add your favorite toppings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of making these potatoes for months. Yours look divine. And I love Mrs. Dash.