Monday, October 4, 2010

Movies, Books & Food

I love old movies just about as much as I love food. Sometimes I just want to curl up with an good book. Have you ever noticed how food is somehow involved in almost all parts of a novel? A book about San Francisco wedding caterers would no doubt involve a lot of cooking. Think about the latest suspense novel you read over the summer. How many recipes could you cook up from just that one book?

How many of those books have a happy ending involving a wedding? Destination weddings are very popular these days, and I'm sure it can take a lot of time to hire local wedding caterers. A little extra time and research can pay off in the long run resulting in the perfect wedding dinner.

I won't mention the name of the movie, but if you're a fan of fast cars that transport unusual items, you can probably guess it. The female lead in this movie spends a great deal of time describing delicious meals in nearby restaurants while speeding through Europe. Just like in a book, movies sometimes leave me wondering about the characters afterward. I can see this couple hiring a wedding caterer soon. Don't we all love happy endings?

1 comment:

Sunflower Sue said...

I love to read your articles.