Friday, February 13, 2009

Fingerling Potatoes

Ever tried Fingerling Potatoes?
They look a little different than 'new' potatoes and they have a richer flavor. Try this simple recipe the next time you want a side dish that is a little different.
.
Fingerling Potatoes
.
10-12 Fingerling potatoes, washed
1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter, cut in small pieces
.
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat potatoes with oil, pepper and salt. Bake 30-35 minutes (stir once to re-coat with oil half-way thru baking) or until fork tender. Remove from oven and top with butter. The butter will melt prior to serving.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I love fingerlings. I do them the same way you do, except I don't put butter on at the end.

Anonymous said...

I have not tried them before -- but you can bet I will now! YUM!