Sunday, November 2, 2008

Healthy French Toast


French Toast without Eggs???

Yes, it is possible. I didn't believe it until I tried this recipe. Honestly, I really didn't miss the eggs! This is simple, healthy and easy.

Healthy French Toast
Ingredients:

1 tablespoon milled flax seed (or whole flax seed ground finely)
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup Silk Vanilla soy milk
2 slices whole grain bread (sliced diagonally)
Butter-flavored cooking spray

In a small bowl, mix milled flax seeds with cinnamon, add water and blend for one minute. Add soy milk and beat until mixed well. Dip the bread in this mixture and cook until browned in a nonstick skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray. Serve with honey or maple syrup. I sprinkled mine with a little powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've used the silk soy milk and it's really good. This looks like a healthy recipe for sure!