Friday, October 31, 2008

Susan's Chicken Stir-Fry


Susan tried my Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry and made a few adjustments of her own. Click on the picture above for a link to the entire recipe. Doesn't Susan's picture look yummy? Here are the changes she made to the recipe:

I mixed together:

6 TB of low sodium soy sauce

6 TB Apple Juice

2 tsp of minced garlic (in a jar)

1/2 tsp black pepper

2 TB sugar

2 TB rice vinegar

I sliced my chicken, then added it to the marinade above. I let it set for about 15 or so minutes. I cooked the chicken in the hot skillet and poured the marinade into a saucepan. I stirred in the cornstarch. I cooked the bag of frozen veggies and rice (per package directions) until tender. When the chicken was done, I added 1/2 cup to the fry pan and took a wooden spoon to scrape the pan for all the goodies. Then I added the chicken water mixture to the marinade cornstarch mixture and cooked it for about 3 min after it came to a boil. I combined everything together. Due to the fact the veggies were microwaved and not stir fried, it did not seem to be flavorful enough. So I added about 1/2 tsp of ground ginger. It added the perfect kick. I might only add 1/4 tsp next time. But there will definitely be a next time. Love it!

Thanks Susan!

No comments: