Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Of Spiders and Wasps

I recently had a run in with a spider and a wasp in the same day.  The spider bit the back of my leg.  And, the wasp got the back of my shoulder.  After the initial pain, my first thought was how soon I'd be sitting in a doctor's office.  Why is it we spend so much time there as we get older?  If I'm not too under the weather, I enjoy 'people watching' while in the waiting room.  Have you noticed how much scrub clothing has changed over the last few years? 

The uniforms out there are so much cuter these days.  I would imagine some of the designs are a comfort when 'little ones' are visiting the doctor.  Who wouldn't find scrubs covered with cuddly animals comforting?  After my last visit, I checked out http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrubs/Scrubs-for-Women/ and was amazed at the wide selection available.  Scrubs aren't just for nurses anymore. 

My bite and sting?  Thankfully, I didn't have an allergic reaction and I'll definitely be more careful in the future.  Funny thing is, I craved chicken soup!

No comments: