Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Simple Cabbage & Peppers

 

Simple Cookery

There’s something warm and comforting to me when I cook noodles and cabbage.  I used a package of creamy chicken and noodles to flavor this side dish.  Then I used the leftovers in a casserole later in the week.

Simple Cabbage & Peppers

1 large head of cabbage, sliced

1 medium onion, diced

1 tablespoon canola oil

1 clove garlic, minced

1 each red, yellow and orange peppers, diced

1 pkg Creamy Chicken & Noodle Sides

1 cup water

Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder to taste

Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.  Add garlic and cook one minute.  Add cabbage and peppers.  Continue to cook about 5 minutes until cabbage is partially tender.  Add water and noodle mix.  Simmer another 10 minutes.  Add salt, pepper or garlic powder if desired.

1 comment:

Katy ~ said...

Oh gosh, this sounds good. Love fried cabbage, but I'm the only one here who does. More for me when the picky one wants a steak, and I don't care for red meat!