Saturday, May 21, 2011

Simple Boneless Buffalo Chicken Tenders


I frequent a great Mexican restaurant that serves the best hot wings. The sauce is the best part, but I also like that the wings are not breaded. They are deep fried and then covered in the yummy sauce. I love this sauce so much that I finally asked how they made it. Two ingredients - hot sauce and melted butter. No wonder it tasted so good! I love butter too, but I'm constantly looking for ways to cook without it or at least by reducing it. I honestly didn't expect to find a bottled sauce that tasted as good as the homemade kind. Then I ran across Frank's" RedHot Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce. I've been a fan of their hot sauce for years and decided to give the wing sauce a try - especially since it didn't call for butter! So, this delicious recipe has only two ingredients - chicken tenders and the sauce. You can add as much or as little sauce as you want as it's not 'super' hot. Just do a taste test first to see how much you want to use. The sauce thickens as it cooks. I used boneless chicken tenders, but you could use breaded or wings. Happy cooking!
.
Simple Boneless Buffalo Chicken Tenders

8-12 boneless chicken tenders
1/2 cup Frank's" RedHot Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place tenders in a shallow dish and cover with wing sauce. Cook for 35 minutes or until chicken is done. If using frozen, follow package directions for thawing/cooking times.

No comments: