Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Baked Turkey Meatballs

 

091
.
I wanted to try making turkey meatballs, but in the oven rather than frying them. They turned out very tasty, but you definitely need to serve these with sauce. I used a simple jar sauce that I jazzed up a little with a few spices. Then, I topped them with grated parmesean cheese.
.
Baked Turkey Meatballs
.
1 pound ground turkey, all white
1 egg
1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons onion, minced
.
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Set out a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick spray. Mix all ingredients together. Form into small balls about 1 & 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

2 comments:

Sunflower Sue said...

Yummm.....

Katy ~ said...

I keep thinking I should try and cook with ground turkey but am afraid of the texture thing as well as it being so light in taste compared to my favorite beef/pork mixture, smiles. With the extra spices, this does sound like a winner!! Thanks for sharing!