Thursday, December 22, 2011

Simple Sausage & Potato Soup

035
What’s that you say?  No peeling? No chopping?  How can this be?  I came up with this recipe on a day that I could not handle peeling a potato.  Ever have one of those days?  If not, give it time and you’ll know what I mean. 
.
I made this in the Crockpot.  If you decide to make it on the stovetop, I would add some more liquid as it will cook down while you simmer it.  This needed no seasoning, but I did add some black pepper to the bowls I served.  If you’ve never tried Jimmy Dean Skillets, they are found in the freezer section.  The package contains sausage, potatoes, green peppers, red peppers and onions.  Try it and let everyone think you slaved for hours!
.
Simple Sausage Potato Soup
.
2 packages Jimmy Dean Skillets – sausage
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can evaporated milk – 12 oz
1 can reduced sodium chicken broth– 14 oz
.
Mix all ingredients together in Crockpot.  Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do the potatoes come in????

Marge said...

The potatoes are in the Jimmy Dean Skillet Sensations - the package includes diced potatoes, onions, and peppers.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh....OK I was thinking it was the sausage pieces. THX for the info.