Saturday, December 3, 2011

LEFTOVER PIE

I'm always looking for something new to do with leftovers.  This 'pot pie' is so yummy, I usually don't want to wait for a roast.  Chicken works well and you can also add your favorite or leftover vegetables.

LEFTOVER PIE

  • 1½ cups leftover beef roast
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • ⅓ cup chopped pepper
  • 1 can green peas, drained
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 2 pie-crust (for top & bottom)
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.  Chop up beef and discard any fat.  Mix mushroom soup and milk in a saucepan.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Stir in the salt, onion and green pepper. Mix in cut-up meat and peas.  Pour it into pastry lined baking dish.  (a pie dish works fine) Pierce top of pastry with a fork in several spots.  Top with remaining pie  crust and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.

2 comments:

Sunflower sue said...

That sound really good!

Coleens Recipes said...

Pot pie is one of my favorite ways to use up almost any meat that has gravy, but I'm lazy. I don't usually do the crust, I just bake it in the oven with biscuits on top.