Friday, March 12, 2010

Baked Chicken and Spaghetti

003

Often times I plan dinner.  Sometimes it falls into my lap – literally.  I had some leftover chicken that I was going to make into a casserole.  When I opened up the cabinet door, the box of spaghetti fell out.  It was open.  I caught the box by the closed end.  What ended up on my countertop was colorless version of ‘pick up sticks.’  As I tried to gather up the sticks, they crumbled in my hands.  In frustration, I grabbed a casserole dish and started dumping in broken spaghetti.  The result was a wonderful casserole.  Unfortunately, I am still finding broken strands on my kitchen floor!

Baked Chicken and Spaghetti

2 cups uncooked spaghetti, broken into pieces

2 cups Prego chunky garden-style pasta sauce

1 cup water

1 cup cooked chicken, cubed

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.  Place uncooked spaghetti into casserole dish.  Add chicken and pasta sauce.  Add water and stir.  Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.  Add cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until melted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I know my kids would love something like this. :)

Katy ~ said...

Excellent save! LOL. Can't tell you the number of times I've spilled an open box of spaghetti like this. Now I know what to do with it.