Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Chicken Vegetable Casserole

Well, I thought I had cleaned out my pantry, but I found another package of noodle & sauce mix that needed to be used. I also had a package of chicken breasts in the freezer to use, so I came up with this recipe. I was really pleased with the taste. I didn't have a lot of cheese on hand to use so feel free to add some more when you try this recipe. I did not add any extra salt when I made this since I was using a pre-packaged noodle & sauce mix.
.
Chicken Vegetable Casserole
.
1 pkg noodles & sauce - stroganoff flavored
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded (boiled w/salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning)
1 pkg frozen broccoli, cauliflower & carrot mix (16 oz)
1/2 cup water
salt/pepper to taste
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup French Fried Onions
.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat oval casserole dish with non-stick spray. Cook noodles according to package directions omitting milk and butter. Combine frozen veggies, chicken, soup, water, & pepper in a large bowl. Mix in noodles. Pour into casserole dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Top with onions and cook another 5-10 minutes or until onions are golden brown.

No comments: