Friday, April 13, 2012

Coming Out of Retirement

Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder
.
My husband and I have been retired for almost 2 years now, but it looks like he is going to go back out of retirement soon. He was offered a job with a bank in a town a couple of hours away. They are just starting up and know that my husband has a lot of experience, and is successful, with starting up new banks. I think he is feeling really proud that they asked him for help, and I think he likes the idea of feeling useful and needed again. Retirement is nice, but it can be boring at times. If he takes this job, we have decided to keep our home here, and just rent an apartment there for a year, or whatever the duration of the work ended up being. It would be spelled out in the contract, I’m sure. We talked about me staying here in the house, and him going there, but I just would not feel right about us not being together. I think we should get a home security sierra vista for the house, and just leave it unoccupied for awhile.

No comments: