Friday, September 25, 2009

Simple Steak Sauce


.
Steak sauce can be very expensive. Of course, one of my friends would say that a properly cooked steak needs no sauce. That may be true, but I like to use steak sauce on everything from burgers to fries. I came up with this recipe in desperation one night when I was completely out of any 'store-bought' sauce. You can use any type of grilling or steak seasoning, though I prefer Mrs. Dash because there is no added salt. If you prefer a bold sauce, add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce.

Simple Steak Sauce
.
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Grilling Blend
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
.
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving to allow spices to absorb some of the liquid. Refrigerate any leftovers! It isn't necessary to add salt since there is plenty in the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
.
Check out more great recipes at The Grocery Cart Challenge.

1 comment:

Katy ~ said...

My Ole Sweetie-Pi likes a good steak sauce. This is a very clever sauce and one that he'd really sink his teeth into I am sure!